Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm baaaaaaack!

Aren't you beyond excited?  Well, it would seem life really has a way of getting in the way of things like this!  Since we last spoke, I have started a new job, which is going well enough.  Although, I will elaborate enough to say I think I attract bipolar people.

You know what else I started? My own Mary Kay business!  Say what now?  I know, totally not me AT ALL.  But I decided to have a party with friend of mine.  My hostess gift was a Satin Hands Pampering Set.  Have you guys tried that stuff?  Wow.  You use the softener first, then you use this awesome exfoliating scrub.  You rinse with warm water and your hands feel 10 years younger.  They look better, too!  It also comes with a lovely, lightweight moisturizer to apply after the exfoliation. As much as I love it, I use it so rarely because I am afraid I am going to run out.  I shouldn't be so foolish.  The size of these bottles will have me going for a while.  Just yesterday, I made the decision I am going to do this weekly, at least. It's a small bit of spoiling in a hectic life, where I can't just take off for a massage.  

I also bought the Time Wise Miracle Set, which is a face wash, moisturizer, day serum and night serum. I also added the Firming Eye Cream.  I'm getting old, ya know.  Now I am not the kind of person that can use a cleanser on my face every time.  This system requires that I wash in the morning, apply the day serum and moisturizer, and finally, the firming eye cream.  Same thing at night, only switching out the day serum for the night serum.  Go figure.  This was a HARD transition for someone like me.  But all in all, it takes less than 5 minutes, morning and night.  Even I can manage that. 

My skin looks and feels a million times better and I have to say, that Firming Eye Cream is something else.  I have some fine lines around my eyes.  I will not go so far as to call them crow's feet, but I think we can all see where they are headed.  That stuff is AMAZING.  The best way I can describe it is that it sort of "plumps" the skin, so it really smooths out the lines!  I didn't realize how bad they were until I started using that stuff.  Literally, a huge difference in about a week.  I was pleased to say the least.  And the effects last, so if you forget it for a day, you don't go straight to hagsville.

When another friend booked a party off mine, naturally I attended.  So, now that my skin looks and feels so wonderful, no need for make-up, right?  HA!  I normally use a liquid foundation, but have always been a bit mesmerized by mineral powder.  Problem is, it just never sat right on my skin.  This time, we were doing color instead of skin care.  Hm. Okaaaaaaaaaaaay.  I tried the mineral powder and holy cow!  Must have been that skin care regiment smoothing things out that helped.  It sat so beautifully on my skin.  And it was so simple!!  WAY easier than liquid, what with all that blending and smearing.  I never wore foundation daily because it was just too much of a hassle.  Now I am using the mineral powder every day.  And you know what?  That takes like, a minute to apply.  No joke.

So, I walked away from THAT party with the mineral powder and a full set of make-up brushes.  Those brushes are awesome.  They make the application a breeze and they are so soft. None of that generic CVS crap.  No wonder I didn't care for make-up before...

After this, I was sucking into being a Consultant.  I signed on and then sat on it for a long time.  I have a job, so I wasn't looking to make a ton of money off this.  It was a little something extra to supplement the house.  The fact that I get a discount doesn't hurt either! 

I FINALLY got around to my debut party a couple weeks ago and I have to say, it didn't hurt.  It was a good time with a small group and my wonderful Director, Jaime, really made it an easy night.  I got a couple orders and it felt good to be doing something for myself and not for someone else. 

I could say here that I know I have brought into the office twice my own annual income in less than 5 months.  That would go to say I am going to bill out approximately 4 times my own income.  So I get a quarter of what I make?  That seems fair.  But this is the way of the world.  When you work for someone else, you are making money for them.  I am happy enough in my job and am making decent money, but how nice would it be if I got the money I made?  Imagine the possibilities...

I got a taste of it a couple weeks ago when Jaime informed me that her daughter was sick and asked if I would take a party she was supposed to be doing.  Lucky for me, it was the friend who booked off my first party, so it was a good practice run, but I REALLY wasn't prepared for this. I had all my stuff, I just didn't have my mind wrapped around what I was saying or doing.  I made it through and placed a couple orders, so it clearly wasn't a total bust.  But next time, I'll be more prepared, because I am going to make money for me and my family, not someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment