Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm really sucking at this, who wants some coffee?

Honestly, I did really well for a few weeks, and then I started waiting an extra day here and there.  Now I have gone from Friday posts to Monday posts?!  C'mon now.  I think the reason more than anything is my clever nature exposes itself at the most inopportune times, aka when I am not near my computer. 

I usually find my inspiration in my every day surroundings.  Today, that's my house.  God help me.  What the heck kind of inspiration can I find here?  Laundry?  Dusting?  Mopping?  Dishes?  They all need to be done, but they aren't very inspiring.  But you know what IS inspiring.  My re-usable K-cup.  Holy cow.  I don't know why I waited so long to get this.  Now I have waited so long, it is almost time to pull out the regular coffee maker for iced coffee season.

I am a person who has always loved Dunkin Donuts coffee, from one Dunkin Donuts.  Or home brewed Dunkin Donuts coffee.  For all who think I'm a little bit nuts, not all Dunkin Donuts is created equal.  However, I gave the Keurig a try and found I was pleasantly surprised.  I also discovered New England Coffee, which made me question coffee up until this point.

I am not sure I will EVER buy Dunkin Donuts coffee grinds again.  I mean, I go to Dunkies a LOT and will continue to do so, but this New England Coffee is pretty bomb, I'm not gonna lie!  First of all, they have more flavors.  This is good news for me, as I love flavored coffee.  It's also good for all employers, as they can now rest assured I am not showing up tanked off Bailey's coffee.

Also, it is so inexpensive!  I'm talking like $4.99 a bag.  As opposed to Dunkies, which is like $7.99 a bag.  Even at my overpriced but really nice grocery store, it goes on sale and I stock up big time. Last time, they were 2 for $5!!  But I had the Keurig out, so even though I bought some for upcoming iced coffee season, it has been sitting in my cabinet for longer than any coffee has ever lasted in my house.

Now, I have the K-cup that I can use ANY coffee in!!  (Can you tell yet I am on my 3rd cup today??)  So, I have been enjoying my New England Coffee more than anyone should enjoy a beverage.  But alas, my relationship with the K-cup is rapidly approaching a break.  Time for Mr. Coffee to drag his dusty ol' ass out of the cabinet and get to work.  If he wants our relationship to last longer than mine and Mr. Keurig's, he better be ready to show me what he's got.

I'm going to go ahead and share my perfect iced coffee measurements with you.  Normally, when I make a full pot of coffee, I use about 4.5 scoops of coffee grinds.  Are those tablespoons? Well, for iced coffee, I up it just a bit to 5 and a little.  That's right.  That is my exact measurement.  I don't like strong, bitter coffee.  I also don't like it watered down once the ice starts melting.  This makes it juuuuuuust right.  With New England Coffee.  I'm not sure about Dunkies, as I haven't had it in my house in a year, easily.

For those of you who like mocha iced coffee, try New England Coffee's Chocolate Cappuccino.  Obviously, Mr. Coffee doesn't make it all frothy and sexy, but it's a nice touch without the thick syrup from Dunkies.  Unless you're into that sort of thing, you sick freak.

I have tried other flavors, but that is my favorite.  They have a ton of options far beyond your typical hazelnut and french vanilla from Dunkies, or your breakfast blend or extra bold from other retailers.  I highly recommend trying this brand.  I have tried many and enjoyed none.  This was a delightful surprise.  Unless, maybe.... is it possible I am getting so old, my taste buds are dying?!  Jeez, I better get another cup of coffee and do some research on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment