Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Things I'll Miss

I am quite sure I will expand upon this list once in a while, but to start off, these are the things I will miss most about not working in the city anymore:

1. First and foremost, my WONDERFUL bosses.  I have a close friendship with both of them that will not end merely because I am starting a new job.

2.Taking the Orange Line.  I mean, really.  Where else can I find those kind of people to photograph?

3. The smell of the ocean as I walk to my office.

4. The sound of the seagulls flying overhead.  Although, their population has increased to such an astronomical number, I am sure I can find some fatties in the McDonald's parking lot.

5. My clients.  No lie, a lot of them suck, but there are a select few who have made my job very rewarding.

6. Mexicorn.  Don't ask.

7. The wall of shame.

8. Coogans, even though it has seemingly turned into an underage drinking hub.  Oh wait, I'm just getting older.

9. My office mate.  He knows more than he should.  May have to take him out before I go.....

10. The copier, that jams EVERY damn time I try to use it.  I mean, it doesn't seem like something I should miss, but I can't very well go into a new office and start punching, kicking and screaming at their copier now, can I?

11.  Being able to punch, kick and scream at the copier without people looking at me like I am crazy.  They understand.

12. OOH!  I almost forgot Stuart Little and his family!!  Working above  bar has its benefits, but it also has its drawbacks.  Who doesn't love the smell of decomp in the morning?!

13. Wearing sneakers/Uggs.  My boss used to be someone who didn't even want us wearing open toe shoes, never mind those items.  Flip flops are still a no no.  I think the slapping noise reminds him of his childhood.  He twitches.

14.  Going in at 9:30 and having Fridays off.  It's that little bit of extra time I get to spend with my daughter.  I have been assured that I can work 4 days if I want, but I doubt they'll pay me the same, so 5 days it is!!  At least for the time being.

15. WB Mason orders.  Every month, my boss tells me I am not longer in charge of ordering.  Then he tells me to order stuff.  But last week I ordered binder clips, which almost pushed him over the edge indefinitely.  Turns out we had tons.  Which he showed me.  In a very flamboyant manner.  Hahaha!!!!

That is all for now, as I must get my hustle on and get out the door.  I'll be back. There are FAR more than 15 things I'll miss.  :)

4 comments:

  1. And there are about a 100 things I will miss...Do I need to start my own blog for this list?? Number 1: Emily
    Number 2: Emily
    Number 3: Emily
    Number 4: Emily
    Number 5: Emily
    Number 6-99: Emily
    Number 100: Emily's sense of humor, the way she gets "it" when no one else does, Claire stories/updates, pomegranate martinis (how it ALL began), and so much more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you already!! We have almost 3 weeks! No sappy stuff until then! We can't sit in the office crying until the WHOLE time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New job?? Congrats!!!!!! Did you get the job at BU that you wanted???

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no. That job wasn't available anymore. They just hadn't taken the posting down yet. It is a law firm in Dover. :) We'll talk.

    ReplyDelete