Sunday, April 17, 2011

Is it really this easy.....

...to drive someone crazy?  I would actually like to know the answer to this. 

I made the statement the other day that if the world is ending in 2012, I know how it is going to end.  It isn't going to be flood, fires, gaping cracks in the Earth swallowing people up. It's going to be human kind going bat shit crazy and killing each other until there is no one left.

I have known crazy people my whole life.  (You know who you are.  If it isn't the guy to the right, and it isn't the guy to the left, IT'S YOU!)  But things are just getting out of hand.

Now, let me be clear.  I am NOT eliminating myself from the equation here.  I am quite content knowing my crazy and what comes with it. I'm happy crazy and I keep with my kind.  I am not malicious crazy.  There are a LOT of "them" out there.  I have discovered so many, in fact, I think we happy crazies are officially out numbered.

When did it become ok to completely unload on an innocent bystander? Or blame your screw ups on someone who had nothing to do with the situation?  Or blame your entire cache of screw ups on your "bad childhood" or a "bad break up"?

I think we can all agree we are adults.  Your life is what you make it, not what someone else makes it.  So you had a really awful childhood, huh?  Were you permanently maimed by your parents?  Did they extinguish cigarettes on your body or break your bones?  Did you grow up eating out of dumpsters with no parents to blame?  Ok, you might be entitled to blame your bad fortune on your upbringing.

All those out there with parents who did the best they could and it just wasn't damn good enough for your self entitled ass?  Suck it up and get over it.  Move on.  The best revenge out there, folks?  Being better and more successful that those who have "wronged" you.  Let's say you didn't have a "Leave it to Beaver" upbringing. *GASP*! So freaking what?!  You think that little turd had any idea how to survive in the real world?!  Doubt it!! 

And those of you wallowing in self pity over the one that got away?  GET OVER IT!  Either you suck or they did.  Either way, one of you deserves better.  If they sucked, than you deserve better.  Get off the couch and go find it.  If you're the one that sucks, I suggest you quit sucking so much and act like a freaking adult.  Go get a job, stop boozing every day of the week.  Whatever it is about you that sucks, change it!

How about those who like to blame EVERYTHING they do wrong on some unsuspecting person, say a co-worker.  I screw up at work.  I'll be the first to admit it.  I'm also the one who runs to my boss and rats myself out.  Either that, or I sign my name to it just so there is no confusion.  I'm self-destructive like that.  But we all have or have had that one co-worker who NEVER does anything wrong.  Interestingly enough, they also seem to be the one who knows who DID do it.  Psychic?  Me thinks not.  Accountability, people.  'Tis what makes the world go round.

I think my favorite is when someone just goes cuckoo on someone who has nothing at all to do with the problem.  And I mean padded wall, white coat cuckoo.  You can dislike someone, that is fine.  But when you are just lying in wait for something to happen so you can go *kaboom*?  You got issues.  And as I say, issues are like tissues. You take one out and they just keep coming!

This is a situation I think could begin the end, if you will.  Ok, let's say you don't like someone.  (I don't like a lot of someones.  Again, if it isn't the guy to the right, and it isn't the guy to the left.....)  Now, I'm not reeeeeaaaaaally known for being the bigger person.  If someone wants to get in my face, I will knock them on their ass, no questions asked.  However, I do not START things with people, just because they are standing nearby or because I don't like them.  When did it become ok to get within inches of someone's face to make your point.  A point which not only doesn't involve you, but that you aren't actually making? 

If someone gets inches from my face, I will react.  There is no think time.  It just happens.  And I mean really, I am supposed to be the mature one, the calm, cool, collected one, the bigger person (literally and figuratively) for what?  Let them have their satisfaction and go on their way?  Um, hi.  How do I know this person doesn't have some wacky disease.  I mean jeez, bird flu anyone??  Swine flu?!?!  SARS?!?!  I don't want anyone that close to my orifices!!  I pride myself on being healthy. (HA!) Ok, that might be a stretch, but I don't often get sick.  Maybe that will be my course of action next time.  I'll just go into a hysterical coughing fit.  Hm. I am an evil genius, I swear.

Oh, it should also be noted, I will defend my loves to the death.  You mess with someone close to me, you may as well spit in my face.  It isn't going to end well for you.  It never does.  I can give you references if you like.

Wait, did I say I was happy crazy?  Well, it seems like the tides are turning as we speak!

Anyways, you know what I did this weekend?  I went to see Sesame Street Live "Elmo's Green Thumb".  No not by myself.  That'd be creepy.  With my daughter!!  I was warned it was a suicide mission.  You know who warned me of that?  A cuckoo crazy. I didn't think it was all that bad!  My daughter had a great time, as did my niece and my friend's son.  But apparently, the most entertaining part of the day was me hoisting my daughter onto my hip and taking the stairs from the floor to the concourse 2 at a time to get her to the bathroom.  It would seem her little legs were just flapping behind me.

There was also a creepy guy with a video camera filming everyone and their kids walking up the stairs.  It was odd.  And of course, there were no workers nearby to report him to.  Hmph.  Anyhoo, we've got LOADS of overpriced Sesame gear now!

And people wonder why I am crazy.....

2 comments:

  1. "And as I say, issues are like tissues. You take one out and they just keep coming!"

    I like that one. I'm gonna keep it in my back pocket for the next time I need one. The phrase, not a tissue.

    ReplyDelete